Wednesday, May 6, 2020

WWOOF USA profile (from 2019)


About Me

In this WWOOF way, I’m searching for a work-exchange opportunity on a good, small-scale, or transitioning-to-the-best-possible-farming-operations farm.  I prefer hosts that are more in touch and co-supportive with their neighbors, or surrounding community, and even better if their extra energies are used for extra-outreach, education, and demonstration purposes… orand, used for more internal-strengthening of their community for dharmic/good social conduct and morally wealthy glow.
I am 35, and this opportunity or training ought to also help rehabilitatively prepare me for (a more self-sustaining) village life and work duties as I prepare for wife, and family life.
I’m also considering my search at local farmers’ markets, the Foundation for Intentional Community, etc.  Also, it may be nice to find a place with nearby paid-work opportunities that I may take on at an appropriate time aligned with the expectations of my host.
Eventually, I’d like to do whatever work is most fitting for me (which now I’m thinking would be a variety of daily village duties), and I HAVE AFFINITIES FOR food-growing related work like composting, harvesting, cultivating, planning/managing, teaching…. and PREFER TO NOT (or at least minimize) work with: animals, inappropriate, environmentally harmful technologies, and stupidity or ignorance.
Regardless of skin color or nature, culture, it would be sweet to simultaneously restore the social injustice* that I (mostly unknowingly in my eating habits) helped to contribute to by indirectly supporting misguided, imbalanced, and destructive money, power interests that effectively harmed otherwise good ‘n decent farmers (and their families) and our earth, the environment, too.
I am good-natured with strong work ethic, honest/trustworthy (sometimes to a fault), good attitude, and likeable.  I work better wholistically cooperating and in an environmentally-friendlier, -balanced, or -sustaining way.  Still though, I should, or want to, take orders, or be controlled, for *my dynamic, karmic debt (to the boss) or for the boss’ knowing of the right ways to g(r)o, right?
Here is a link to my google website for more information (including a recent unfinished report I did while WWOOFing in India that shows my potential intellectual- or consulting-like contributions).

Skills

At my age, I have little experience, but since only about 4 years back I have been inconsistently involved in many various experiences in farm-related work.  Like the “affinities” mentioned above, these efforts were especially in harvesting, weeding, composting, cultivating, post-processing, intellectual work, creative-artistic digital work, etc..  I don’t believe I’m especially skilled at anything like say a scyther, craftsman, wood-worker, etc. might be, but isn’t this way of life…

No comments:

Post a Comment